Monday, November 5, 2012

Programming for Hire

I'm starting a new experience this week. My good friend Millie, who is doing a professional master's program at Abertay, is asking me for help with her project. I'll be doing some contract-style coding (though of course all on a volunteer basis). Up until now I've either worked in teams with evenly shared control and responsibility, or on my own. This will be the first time I've worked on "someone else's project" so to say.

I am actually quite excited. I've never been an "idea person", but I'm pretty good at executing other people's ideas. I'm hoping this will give me some good experience working with a team, as well - I've very seldom done team programming, so this will be a great start. It will also give me a chance to brush up on my C++, as well as the library we are using, Allegro. More on that in another article.

As I continue doing work for Millie I'll report back with my results. I'm looking forward to what should be a rewarding and educational experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment