I'm quite busy with my coursework this week, but I didn't want to let the blog languish completely. I've finished my AI project, including the genetic algorithms section, which was a success (mostly). I'll write more on that later, as well as make my project code and report available to anyone interested - AFTER everything is handed in.
For now I'm hard at work on my DirectX coursework. Yesterday I got 2D rendering working (for UI and such). I plan to use it to create a simple targeting reticule and possibly a HUD of some kind. For now I'm using the same texture that's on the spheres in the background, just for testing purposes: