Friday, July 9, 2010

Real ID on Forums Withdrawn!

I just wanted to update anyone reading this with the situation: Blizzard announced today that they are withdrawing the RealID forum integration - http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=25968987278&sid=1&pageNo=1

I am relieved beyond words. I felt such an overwhelming sense of betrayal through all this. I was terrified that I would have to look for a new MMO and lose some or all of the wonderful relationships I've built with my friends and guild mates over the years. I tried to play once or twice during the last few days but I couldn't stay online for more than a few minutes. I was distracted and upset throughout. Finally I feel like I can breathe again.

I am proud of Blizzard for listening to their community, but I still feel a twinge of doubt and distrust now when I think about them. I hope in time my belief in them can be restored - I have always felt in the past that Blizzard was above other gaming companies, that they had a better idea of what their gamers wanted. I sincerely hope that becomes true again in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment