Monday, March 11, 2013

Game In Scotland 2013

Friday I attended this year's Game in Scotland career fair. It was a great experience, pulling together students, industry veterans, and company representatives from all through Scotland. Wandering through the stalls and talking to employers was actually really fun. I got to learn about many companies I previously knew only by name, and see first hand what kind of openings were out there for when I graduate.

The biggest thing I had impressed on me from this career fair is that good programmers are sorely needed in the industry. Previously, I was terrified that I wouldn't be able to get a job after graduation and would have to go back to America. Now, after having promising chats with multiple companies and interview requests from two (Tag and Climax games), I'm feeling much more confident that I'll be able to find not only a job, but a job I truly enjoy when I'm done with university.

No comments:

Post a Comment